Accounts and downloads.

curlylad 19:39 17 May 06

There are 3 user accounts on my machine.

When I as administrator download something it also goes onto the other 2 accounts, and like wise when one of the other users downloads something like music or a program, that similarly is downloaded onto the other 2 accounts.

Is there a way that you can configure accounts so that a download only goes onto the account of the person who downloaded it and not onto every account ?

Thanks in advance people.

ade.h 21:36 17 May 06

Not as far as I know. The nearest equivalent is to make the other accounts limited, but that a) knocks out some functionality and b) doesn't quite achieve what you want because any restrictions will occur in one direction only.

Kev.Ifty 21:39 17 May 06

Download the file into a folder which is set to private.

Terry Brown 21:49 17 May 06

Are you refering to E$mail downloads ?

What ISP provider do you have?; If it is blueyonder, go to the blueyonder web page, customer care, enter your user name & password (as supplied), you can then st up (I think it is 4 email boxes), set a different password for each account and probem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…