Account/connection help

HOLLYBEAR 12:25 19 Jan 07

I have a desktop PC and will soon be buying a laptop.
I currently pay £15 a month for my desktop Internet Connection so with the laptop do I have to pay another £15 ?
Can I just log on with the same details as on my desktop but just create another account or can I just use the same account ?

Thanks for the help.

Aargh 13:06 19 Jan 07

No - one broadband account is all you need. You just need to buy networking equipment to allow both computers to share the connection.

Buy a laptop which is wireless capable then all you need to get is an ADSL Router/Modem (if you get broadband via a standard telephone line) or a router/modem suitable for connection to cable if you get internet via NTL cable etc.

ICF 13:07 19 Jan 07

No you don't have to pay another £15.
But you can only connect direct with one pc or laptop at a time.You will have to buy a router to connect both machine at once and a wireless one is the way to go.

HOLLYBEAR 20:54 19 Jan 07

Thanks, I'll buy you both a pint, see you in the pub in about an hour !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…