Accountants

Marko797 19:26 PM 31 Jan 08

Anyone had any experience of using Paystream as accountants? Any feedback good or bad appreciated.

Chris the Ancient 12:02 PM 01 Feb 08

I can't say I know of this company.

But...

One of the best ways of getting a good accountant is by word of mouth. The first advantage is that the accountant will probably be local; a good idea for ease of taking stuff round and/or asking questions.

Talk to local traders and discuss how they've got on with their accountant. They'll soon let you know who are the good ones - or the rubbish ones.

Don't be tempted by whizzy adverts in the local press. The good ones probably wouldn't need to advertise!

But, to reiterate, a local guy who comes well recommended by local users is usually a very good bet.

Marko797 17:29 PM 01 Feb 08

noted

Kemistri 15:18 PM 07 Feb 08

My accountant, with whom I have been since I became self employed, said to me that he has never actually advertised during his 20 years as a sole practitioner, and yet he sometimes has to turn people away. All his clients arrived by some form of recommendation or word of mouth and there is a lot long-term loyalty there - I won't be changing until I have to. The relationship is an important and valuable one, and often under-estimated. You probably have a good network to call on anyway, so ask around.

Marko797 15:46 PM 07 Feb 08

& thnx Kemistri, seems to be a common line of thought.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites