Accidently Deleted 2 Important Documents

$ix 10:28 18 Jun 06

i have deleted 2 very important texr documents by accident and also emptied recycle bin, is there any way of getting these back?

Input Overload 10:40 18 Jun 06

Drive Rescue click here

25paul 10:42 18 Jun 06

try this. click here

rawprawn 11:04 18 Jun 06
  GANDALF <|:-)> 11:04 18 Jun 06

This one has always worked for me and is free click here If all else fails a system restore may do the trick.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:06 18 Jun 06

ps...this illustrates the importance of a backup regime.

G

$ix 11:52 18 Jun 06

thanks alot guys.

just one thing though, if its been deleted and emptied from recycle bin, then how isit still on the system?

and if all docs and files are still on the system after delete then doesnt that eventually use up alot of space?

VoG II 11:54 18 Jun 06

When you delete a file the space that it occupied is marked as available (for other files). It isn't actually wiped from the drive.

$ix 11:59 18 Jun 06

even though its marked as available, isit available. if all the space is used up, then how can the deleted file still be lurking?

bruno 12:04 18 Jun 06

I think what VOG means is that the space they occupy is available to use when the computer feels like it.They will still be there until that happens.Therefore it is best not to write any fresh files until you have tried to recover.Try system restore as Gandalph suggests,it worked once for me.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:06 18 Jun 06

It is highly unlikely that all the space on an HD will be used up. Deleting a file merely changes the file name so that it cannot be normally found. Eventually it will be written over.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…