accidentally sending email

Marko797 16:45 03 Jun 09

Am using Outlook 2007, and sometimes when composing an email, & typing frantically, I must accidentally press 'something' which sends the email off before I've finished composing it.

Can anyone offer any ideas as to what the 'something' might be so I can try and ensure I keep my paws away from it in future?

I'm using a Sony laptop, if that makes any difference at all. I've tried to simulate this 'something' by pressing a variety of keys, just to try and work it out myself, but can't do it when I actually want to.

User-1229748 16:54 03 Jun 09

might be worth making sure you aren't knocking the touchpad

Marko797 17:27 03 Jun 09

but couldn't do it when I tried. Maybe I'm pressing a combination of keys in my typing frenzy?

mooly 17:33 03 Jun 09

That's my trick. Acer notebook. Something around CTR FN SHIFT. Easy answer I find, just don't have the "to" field filled in until you are ready.

mooly 17:34 03 Jun 09

Or... compose it all in notepad and copy and paste. That's what I do lately.

Marko797 17:37 03 Jun 09

that sounds about right. I always thought the problem was somewhere over the left hand side of the kbd - I initially thought 's' was the culprit. Gr8 tip on not filling out the 'to' box, but hard to avoid if your replying to an already received email. Thnx.

mooly 17:40 03 Jun 09

Doesn't matter, you can still compose the reply in notepad OR copy the "to" field to the clipboard and delete the "to" field before "starting work" then just paste it back. Notepad everytime for me.

Marko797 17:40 03 Jun 09

Alt/s...that's the blighter. Just tried it and off it went. Now, how do I keep away from it now?

mooly 17:57 03 Jun 09

Thanks... always wondered what I pressed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac