Accidentally deleted digital camera photos

M Healy 13:45 PM 06 Oct 03

Could someone please advise me about whether it is possible to retreive photos (my sisters wedding!) accidentally deleted from a Compact Flash memory card? I know that when you delete files from your computer hard drive it doesn't physically delete them until they are actually written over at a future date. Does this also apply to camera memory cards which the computer reads as a hard disk?

JIM 14:07 PM 06 Oct 03

Try contacting your card's manufacturer for help,this was the response from some lucky person.

"I got an email answer from Lexar Media today. They said "We received the card on 08/05. We recovered the images for you and put it back in the card. Will send the flash card back to you tomorrow."

Elyvate 14:27 PM 06 Oct 03

I haven't had the misfortune of accidently deleting pictures off my digital camera but I have stumbled upon a program that is able to restore pics from various forms of media. Its called PC Inspector Smart Recovery, I dont have a link but put it in a search engine and you'll find it or search the cnet downloads for it.
I'm not sure if it handles Compact Flash but its worth a try, and remember dont write over the card with other pics otherwise you wont be able to recover them.

JIM 14:30 PM 06 Oct 03
  M Healy 15:31 PM 06 Oct 03

I will give this download program a try and post back. Thanks

woodchip 15:35 PM 06 Oct 03

Get Campicrestor if you cannot find it then e-mail me and i will send

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…