Accidental deletion of a folder in Outlook Express

bristolgirl 11:48 10 Dec 03

I have accidentally delted a folder in Outlook Express, I clicked the folder for deletion, rather than the message I wanted to get rid of.

Is there any way I can get it back with my messages still intact?

johnnyrocker 12:21 10 Dec 03

did you delete it from deleted items or in box page? if in in box page just go to deleted items and restore it from there, failing that if using xp or me do a system restore back to prior to deletion,

johnny.

bristolgirl 13:12 10 Dec 03

thanks

How do I do a System restore (sorry complete novice)

AndyJ 13:27 10 Dec 03

What johnyyrocker means is, if you deleted it just as a folder and didn't delete the contents of your "Deleted Items" folder instead, then the removed folder and contents will be in the "Deleted Items" folder.

If you look to the left of the word "Deleted Items" you'll see a little box with a "+" sign in it, if you click on it, it will expand the Deleted Items folder and you can see if it's there. If it is drag and drop the folder onto the "Local Folders" container to restore it

bristolgirl 13:35 10 Dec 03

No I deleted the whole thing. It is not in the deleted items folder and there is no + sign by the side of it. When I orginally pressed delete, I pressed when the folder was highlighted and I pressed ok to the "are you sure you want to delete the whole folder" without reading it properly.

mikef. 13:51 10 Dec 03

Don't know if this may help, it's a file recovery program with free demo click here

johnnyrocker 13:53 10 Dec 03

what is your os? re system restore.

johnny.

bristolgirl 14:37 10 Dec 03

Windows XP

johnnyrocker 14:50 10 Dec 03

start/programs/accessories/system tools/sytem restore and follow the instructions to restore to an earlier point.

johnny.

BurrWalnut 15:03 10 Dec 03

I have a feeling that system restore will not restore it, sorry.

bristolgirl 15:13 10 Dec 03

Yes, it did restore the folder but not the e-mails in it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…