Accident

Dr Deeath 19:34 12 Jul 04

I spilt some "Apple Tea" over the left hand corner of my lap top. Immediately disconnected the battery and powered off quicker than something is very quick. Only my 'left tab' 'Esc' 'Q' ans 'A' keys are sticky. Can anyone suggest how I can fix this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Diemmess 20:08 12 Jul 04

If you can pluck off the key tops with a couple of hooked bits of thin metal (to pull straight off evenly) - like flat bladed tweezers, then.....

Old keyboards had a system of exposed springs and fancy contacts, most now have no direct access to electronics between keys so that any liquid is deflected by the apron under the key top.

If you can wipe carefully all moisture and gunge away from the plastic tops and surrounds, that may be enough. If that doesn't work, be brave, its not the most expensive item to have to replace!

Dr Deeath 20:14 12 Jul 04

Thanks for your help. If it helps any I split the tea over an Acer Aspire 1350 Notebook.

spuds 22:37 12 Jul 04

Hope this helps.. Shouldn't take to much notice of the ingredients required ;o) click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…