accessing web sites

ann-199314 21:14 02 Aug 05

Can somebody please explain to me the reason for my pc (after having been left on for a short time), i.e. 1 hour, when I return I am unable to access any web pages and have to completely shutdown and re-open. I have a medion PC which is only 3 months old. Also when I download Ad Aware it causes problems and certain things disappear from my pc. i.e. the recycle bin. Today I had to do a System Restore to get things back to how they were before I downloaded Ad Aware. Any advice would be more than welcome, thank you, Ann

woodchip 21:26 02 Aug 05

If you go into Hibernate I have the same problem on a Medion Wireless Laptop. Some times works other times I have to shut browser or reboot. It's my own Wireless 3Com card that I use

woodchip 22:46 02 Aug 05

Just replied to your Mail, Also your Hard drive may be shutting down and failing to start services up. Go to Control Panel and double click the power Icon set Drive to Never power down

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…