Accessing two gateways on one PC using XP Pro

noiro 04:50 06 Aug 05

I currently am using Windows XP Pro and would like to find out if I can set up a way to access two gateways on one PC. One of the PCs is for the company lan, the other pc will not reach the company lan but instead is only to reach the internet. Can I install a second network card in my PC running XP Pro and somehow tell it when to use which network card? It is such a hassle using two PCs but the company LAN does not go out to the internet. There are only a few of us that have access to it and is cabled separately. I hope this makes sense and I hope someone can help. I love this magazine and buy it every month. BTW the PC Mags from the UK blow away all of our PC Mags here in the USA. Thanks
Noiro

noiro 13:00 06 Aug 05

Thank you so much for your quick response to my question. I am going to try either or both this afternoon. I looked on the Microsoft website but surely did not find the information you linked me to. Thanks again so very much, it is great having people like yourself around to help others.
Noiro

howard60 21:33 09 Aug 05

if you have different connections such as an adsl modem for the net and rj45 for the lan you can set up different connections in internet explorer - properties - connections

noiro 00:14 10 Aug 05

Here is the issue hopefully better explained. Both of the networks have their own cables. The DSL plugs into a network card on one computer but with that cable you can not reach the intra company information. With the other PC there is a cable that connects you to the company LAN but it has no access to the internet as explained priorly, that is a separate incoming cable. So, I have two cables coming in that need to be accessed by one computer. Do I need two network cards? Is there a hardware device that does this? Hopefully that is a better question than my first one. Thanks to each one of you that take the time to read this and help me out.
Noiro

howard60 10:41 10 Aug 05

it would appear that 2 network cards is your answer. Card 1 would be the company lan and card 2 the connection to the internet. I would have thought it simply a matter of mapping the network drive so that you click on the one you wish to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…