Accessing tempy Internet files

Spud 22:53 10 Feb 05

2 years ago I foolishly created a folder in temporary internet files it contains many old files and is taking up space. Now I wish to delete it but it does not show up in Windows Exporer and I can only "see it" when my virus checker scans all files. Can you help me to access and delete this folder please? Other than reformatting the drive!
regards,

VoG II 22:57 10 Feb 05

Try CleanUp! click here

FelixTCat 23:16 10 Feb 05

Reduce the size of your Temporary Internet Files folder to as small as it will go. This will delete lots of files. If you have a broadband connection, leave it very small; if on a dial-up, increase it a little.

Furthark 23:21 10 Feb 05

Run 'disc clean up' then click on temp internet files, then view files. this will open all the files including folders, you should be able to delete it from there

Hairy Yeti 23:32 10 Feb 05

In My Computer or Windows Explorer click "view" (if win 98) or "Tools" (if win xp) select Folder Options and the "View" tab and select the radio button to "Show hidden files and folders".

Spud 14:14 11 Feb 05

Thanks all,
The "Clean-up" programme did it, I had tried all the other suggestions but the folder and files remained invisible to everything except the antivirus prog.
Spud

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…