Accessing a site via password.

Bald Eagle 08:49 AM 31 Jul 12

Help please with my problem accessing my Doctor’s website. I live 6 months in England and 6 in Brittany. For about 5 years I’ve been able to access the site to order medication from both Brittany and the UK. I can still get the site up as usual. However, this year every time I enter my username and password in Brittany the request times out.

I tried using Expatshield which assigns a UK ISP address but it still wouldn’t work. I phoned up the Doctor’s IT department only to be told that nothing was wrong with their sites workings.I asked my daughter who lives in the same UK town to try accessing the site and she got straight through on her computer, she can also access through my UK computer.

Tried just now before typing this in Brittany and once again after the password etc. it times out.

Tried it at 02.00 in case it was workload on the site but no good.

BE

robin_x 11:11 AM 31 Jul 12

My surgery also has a direct email address for Repeat Prescriptions, as well as its Webpage button.

Did you ask if yours does?

Don't know why you are timing out though.

spuds 11:35 AM 31 Jul 12

I would suggest that it as something to do with your French ISP and your email/domain details not being accepted.

The same sort of thing that happens some times when trying to make purchases from the USA, and you are unable to do so, because the system as been set-up not to allow it!.

If that is the case, then its back to your GP practise or your French ISP?.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites