Accessing secure web sites and norton

wobbler 09:24 23 Sep 05

When i try to access secure web sites such as my bank I get a "page cannot be displayed". I suspect the pre installed Norton Security and anti virus is the cause of the problem but In msconfig its disabled, in the NIS control centre its disabled. So I tried to re install Norton and it keeps saying that there is a copy of norton already insta;lled and running. In add/remove programs I cant stop norton cos its running and I cant delete the folder for the same reason. How the h*** do I get rid of Norton?

TomG 11:12 23 Sep 05

What version of windows are you running? it may be nothing to do with Norton. Its possibly your ie settings that are causing the problem, search the microsoft knowledgebase for "page cannot be displayed" and see if that helps.

If you definatley want to get rid of norton then go to the Symantec website as they have removal tools - I presume if you are getting rid of Norton AV you will replace it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…