Accessing printer on home network

hoser 20:33 06 Apr 06

OK, I am running WinXP SP2 on two computers and have a Linksys router. My main PC has the printer attached to it. Both PC's have three profiles, let's say persons A, B and C. They are exactly the same on both PC's. Everyone is an administrator on both PC's.

My problem is that on ONE and ONLY one of the profiles (person C) on the secondary PC cannot access the shared printer. Person A and person B can access the printer and print to it without problems. When person C tries to open up printers and faxes, the message next to the shared printer is "Access denied, unable to connect". This is not making any sense to me. There is nothing different in the profiles that I can see that would allow persons A & B access to the printer but not person C. Like I said, all three of these profiles are set to be administrators. Any ideas?

ade.h 20:45 06 Apr 06

Run control userpasswords2 and see if all three accounts are part of the same users group (via Advanced.)

hoser 21:02 06 Apr 06

Yes, all three accounts are part of the same group doing like you described. I am considering deleting the problem profile and recreating it and see if that helps. But I have to save some of the documents and files in his profile.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5