Accessing Outlook from PDA

Trashcan1 21:25 25 Jul 06

I currently use a Dell desktop and I store plenty of important data on Outlook: rates, past correspondence, etc. I have to access this whenever I receive an e-mails from clients in U.S.
So when I am out of the office, and rather than lugging around a laptop, I am looking at a PDA or handheld computer or whatever they like to be called.
My main concern is to be able to ‘read’ all stuff stored on my desktop, including my saved explorer sites and doucuments and Outlook … in other words, connect to my desktop as if I as actually there ! I currently use a company called ‘gotomypc.com’, which I suppose I could continue to use when I get a PDA, but was hoping that technology may have moved on by now, and I could link up without having to copy and download all the stuff I may need when I leave the office.
Any advice as to a) which PDA to aim for ? and b) how to connect ?

I hope this all makes sense ?! but hope that you can offer some suggestions both on PDA’s and connectivity.

Please respond in layman speak, as I am not up-to-date with your market !

woodchip 22:51 25 Jul 06

I use a Acer n35 GPS pda it as Outlook and sinks with it

Trashcan1 23:00 25 Jul 06

So once you return to your desktop, all e-mails that you have been working on your Acer, has been saved already ? How fast is it to send text e-mails on your acer ? would you recommend one or has new brands appeared ?

woodchip 23:07 25 Jul 06

Can only do it with Connection to Computer unless you get blue tooth it's not Wi-Fi. You can also get a SD Modem for it. the only problem is the socket at the bottom that sink cable and power fits to is on the fragile side so grate card as to be used with it not to pull etc at angles or knock.
click here

woodchip 23:13 25 Jul 06

Can only do it with Connection to Computer unless you get blue tooth it's not Wi-Fi. You can also get a SD Modem for it. the only problem is the socket at the bottom that sink cable and power fits to is on the fragile side so grate card as to be used with it not to pull etc at angles or knock.
click here

Check for outlook but I know I have seen it. I have only had it about two weeks it's Pocket PC software with Word, Excel etc

silverous 09:10 26 Jul 06

What about a 3G card? Not sure if these work in PDAs though?

WiFi & GoToMyPC together?

woodchip 10:22 26 Jul 06

Take a look hear click here

woodchip 10:24 26 Jul 06

PS I updated the Destinator GPS and it's a lot better, more functions.
PDA no problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…