Accessing Outlook on 2 pc's - wireless

bear73 10:31 26 Apr 07

My husband has just connected a Speedtouch wireless router to our upstairs pc and we now have interenet access on our new pc downstairs. What I can't seem to do is access my email account (through Outlook) on the downstairs pc. Is there a way I can do this so they synchronise between the two pc's or am I only able to access my Outlook email account on one pc?

Any advice on how I go about configuring this on the new downstairs pc would be appreciated?

Thanks.

sikefula 12:39 26 Apr 07

If its Outlook Express you are talking about,you can have it on many machines as you like-with the log in details:username and password from your ISP-you will need this to configure Outlook Express on every PC:see below and ensure you scroll down to relevant OUTLOOK EXPRESS section:

click here

click here

cheers.

bear73 18:47 26 Apr 07

Thanks. I've managed to set it up on the new pc.

Is there a way to get all the folders I have on my existing Outlook on to the new pc downstairs.

i.e. all the folders I've setup, old mails, mails that are currently in my inbox before I set up the connection on the downstairs pc.

It works fine but the downstairs pc's Outlook is empty and the one on the upstairs pc has all m old mails and folders. It's not vital just wondered if there was a way to kind of synchronize them.

Thanks for your help.

moore_mat 09:19 27 Apr 07

Hi bear73

Normally; you can't have mail on both PCs as when you connect to read your e-mail; you are actually downloading them onto that PC and removing the items from the mail server.

What you can try (though I don't know the results as I haven't tried it myself); is to leave a copy of the messages on the server; then when you go to the other PC; the e-mails will still be there. This won't help with messages currently on the upstairs PC; but if you e-mail them to yourself they will then appear.

So how do you do it? Well - if you open Outlook Express; head up to the Tools menu and click Accounts. Click the Mail tab then double click on the e-mail account you want to edit. Click the advanced tab then have a look at the bottom part of the window (click below for a screenshot):-
click here

I can't claim credit for this - it is a purged version from Micro$oft - the link to the full (and dare I say confusing) page is here:-
click here

Best of luck

m@

bear73 09:25 27 Apr 07

HI

Many thanks for that. I'll give it a try.

Thanks
bear

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…