Accessing Outlook on 2 pc's - wireless

bear73 10:31 26 Apr 07

My husband has just connected a Speedtouch wireless router to our upstairs pc and we now have interenet access on our new pc downstairs. What I can't seem to do is access my email account (through Outlook) on the downstairs pc. Is there a way I can do this so they synchronise between the two pc's or am I only able to access my Outlook email account on one pc?

Any advice on how I go about configuring this on the new downstairs pc would be appreciated?

Thanks.

sikefula 12:39 26 Apr 07

If its Outlook Express you are talking about,you can have it on many machines as you like-with the log in details:username and password from your ISP-you will need this to configure Outlook Express on every PC:see below and ensure you scroll down to relevant OUTLOOK EXPRESS section:

click here

click here

cheers.

bear73 18:47 26 Apr 07

Thanks. I've managed to set it up on the new pc.

Is there a way to get all the folders I have on my existing Outlook on to the new pc downstairs.

i.e. all the folders I've setup, old mails, mails that are currently in my inbox before I set up the connection on the downstairs pc.

It works fine but the downstairs pc's Outlook is empty and the one on the upstairs pc has all m old mails and folders. It's not vital just wondered if there was a way to kind of synchronize them.

Thanks for your help.

moore_mat 09:19 27 Apr 07

Hi bear73

Normally; you can't have mail on both PCs as when you connect to read your e-mail; you are actually downloading them onto that PC and removing the items from the mail server.

What you can try (though I don't know the results as I haven't tried it myself); is to leave a copy of the messages on the server; then when you go to the other PC; the e-mails will still be there. This won't help with messages currently on the upstairs PC; but if you e-mail them to yourself they will then appear.

So how do you do it? Well - if you open Outlook Express; head up to the Tools menu and click Accounts. Click the Mail tab then double click on the e-mail account you want to edit. Click the advanced tab then have a look at the bottom part of the window (click below for a screenshot):-
click here

I can't claim credit for this - it is a purged version from Micro$oft - the link to the full (and dare I say confusing) page is here:-
click here

Best of luck

m@

bear73 09:25 27 Apr 07

HI

Many thanks for that. I'll give it a try.

Thanks
bear

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017