accessing online banks and credit cards using aol

colcol 13:11 01 Jan 03
  colcol 13:11 01 Jan 03

I use aol7 and windows xp home. until approx 3 weeks ago I had no problem accessing the online facilities of amex, egg credit card and IF (bank). I suspect all these finance services involve an encrypted log-in.

in the last 2 - 3 weeks I have not been able to log into these services using aol and xp. however, I can log on to them if I go through another isp (eg virgin net). I pay aol a monthly subscription which includes telephone calls so using another isp involves extra cost and inconvenience.

I have talked to aol support 4 times about this problem and been given completely different advice each time I contact them. their latest statement is that this is not a problem for aol but is between internet explorer 6 and xp.

sometimes there suggested changes from aol support allow me to access my online bank once but then I am again locked outagain.

anyone any experience of this?

pj123 13:15 01 Jan 03

I also use AOL7 but with win98se. I have never had a problem logging in to my internet bank account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…