accessing internet

maclin67 23:19 04 Jun 10

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop and have been trying to set up wireless with BT Homehub but my wireless switch will not turn on is there anyway to bypass the switch and turn on the wireless connection?

birdface 23:27 04 Jun 10

Not sure about that laptop.

Some there is a button front left of keyboard with small Fn on it if you press that and F2 will that work.

lotvic 23:37 04 Jun 10

The WLAN on the AMILO Li 2727 will always switch off when the system is powered down.
To turn it ON you must press the Fn+F1 keys together.

I think, Amilo's it is the Fn+F2 that switches the WiFi on/off

(gleaned that info from a google search)

lotvic 23:38 04 Jun 10

hello buteman :)

maclin67 23:39 04 Jun 10

No tried all these keys cause phoned BT for assistance and the had me trying these but no good
Looked everywhere on computer but can't find a way around this Quick Launch button.

maclin67 23:45 04 Jun 10

Thanks lotvic and buteman for your advice even though it didn't solve the problem looks like I may have to find a repair man which is quite difficult where we live.

birdface 23:45 04 Jun 10

How about control panel and click on the wireless icon and press start.
Something like that.

birdface 23:47 04 Jun 10

Hi lotvic that other thread you helped me out on.There is one more question on it for you if you can help.

birdface 23:51 04 Jun 10

Try device manager and see if there are any yellow exclamation marks on there.
While in there try network adapters and press the plus sign.You should have a wireless program on there. If none it may be a new wireless driver that you need.

lotvic 23:54 04 Jun 10

You could try the fujitsu support site click here

lotvic 23:57 04 Jun 10

I'll have a looksee, and reply in morning, off to bed now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…