Accessing the Internet

Rhuddlan 15:48 15 Feb 04

When double clicking on ie, usally I get the option to connect, but recentley I have to go to start> connect to> etc this isn't a major issue, but I prefer to do it throught the ie window, all I get now is the option of working offline or try to connect, but it won't dial out through the ie window. Anyone help???

LastChip 15:53 15 Feb 04

If you open IE and go to Tools; Internet Options; Connections; is the box "Always dial my default connection" ticked?

Forum Editor 15:53 15 Feb 04

that Internet Explorer is configured to "dial whenever a network connection is not present"?

Tools/Internet options/connections

Forum Editor 15:54 15 Feb 04

now you can take your pick!

Rhuddlan 16:36 15 Feb 04

It only dial's out when my default connection box is ticked, but still doesn't dial out ticking either options, when attempting to connect through the ie window.

Grim Reaper 19:58 15 Feb 04

Three of us in 24 hours....hmmmm!! Spooky!!

I started suffering this yesterday as it appears did Dipso (see posting 15/2/04 15:48). (I've ADSL connection, Windows2000Pro and IE6 latest)
My "Always dial default connection" is ticked.

I've no solution (hence searching here) but notice that on OE the default dial up setting is lost on going offline; if OE shut down but PC still online, the default setting is retained. Spooky. Only recent downloads are Windows Security Updates 814078 & 823559. Does this apply to Dipso & Rhuddlan? If so, is Mr Gates causing our problem?

Any solutions yet anyone? (I've tried reloading IE, and run with antivirus and firewall disabled - no joy).

sam 20:20 15 Feb 04

hi everybody
just checked on my internet connection in control
the never dial button is ticked
and i have no trouble connecting
i am on BB
sam

Rhuddlan 20:51 15 Feb 04

No joy yet, I have also disabled my firewall, but nothing.

Belatucadrus 21:04 15 Feb 04

Assuming like the rest of us you have the Google toolbar then ©®@$? solved it on this other posting click here

Rhuddlan 21:16 15 Feb 04

Thanks for that info, problem solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…