Accessing IE 6 or OE 6

phil.smith 10:43 08 Jan 04

I am running w xp home. When I try to connect to the above I sometimes get an "invalid user name or password" message after "verifying user name and password" in my dialup box, but not all the time and not necessarily with both at the same time - I can get on with one but not the other and vice versa. I have spoken to my ISP and they have taken me through a reinstal of all relevant numbers etc and ticking the right boxes but it still does it. Any thoughts out there please?

spikeychris 12:28 08 Jan 04

click here post back if you find it difficult to do.

phil.smith 12:48 08 Jan 04

Thanks Spikeychris

I'll very carefully give it a go and see what happens.

phil.smith 07:52 09 Jan 04

SPikeychris

I have manged to do as the article suggested and it seems that I can now open OE without having to type in my password each time - thanks

However I went to IE and it seemed as if it had "stopped" being my default although I had not touched anything to make it do that, and consequently when I dialed up I got an "invalid user nam or password" after the "verifying user name and password" line.

Any more thoughts please?

Stuartli 08:39 09 Jan 04

In Outlook Express Tools>Internet Options>Connection tab, enable Always Dial My Default Connection.

Under the Settings tab (also available from the dialup box) ensure that your username and password are correct.

Internet Explorer settings also apply to Outlook Express.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…