accessing an ftp server

vinnyo123 18:01 01 Jun 03

My friend just set up an ftp server using a program called serve4u 4.0 . My other freind can access his ftp server using IE (5.0 or larger)OS windows XP home. My problem is I cannot log on to his ftp server program .OS WIN ME comes up with error " cannot access this folder make sure you have athorization for it" "cannot access server"
I am running WIN ME and using IE 6.0 -I am on a private LAN accessing internet through a router.I tried reguler access with no changes to router np good.I tried port forwarding ftp 20,21-no good also triggering no good.I also tried using the DMZ zone still can't get it .So I assuming it's something to do with the server side as I never used this program so not familiar with its configurations .

If anyone has any advise or ideas will appreciate it !!!! thanks

soy 18:32 01 Jun 03

Try using a dedicated FTP program to access your friends server. Alot of these programs are free. click here+ I suggest WS_FTP LE.

vinnyo123 04:21 03 Jun 03

tried this one still no luck saying cannot find host server.IE finds it seems that I log in but cannot see folders.

Bebee 06:41 03 Jun 03

I don't know much about this but try checking the Advanced tab of your Internet Options in IE (Tools menu or right-click desktop icon and choose properties). Is the 'enable folder view for FTP sites ticked?

vinnyo123 14:41 03 Jun 03

WS_ftp cannot even find server ,IE lets me connect
but cannot find folders.

vinnyo123 05:34 10 Jun 03

had to untick passive mode and worked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…