Accessing folders in old XP installation

Octoz 08:43 11 Oct 04

Lengthy title but has to be.

Until recently I had a dual boot (98SE & XP pro) system. The XP pro installation had "broken" autoexec and config files so I decided to upgrade 98 and then format partition to remove old xp. Due to an error I managed to "unformat" the 98 partition losing the boot sector. I reinstalled a clean xp but only have one item in the boot sector (new xp). All of the original data is still in old XP and I have managed to transfer all of the limited account user info but the system denies me the ability to access my old, administrator account, files.
I need to transfer .pst and explorer favourite settings. Any help gratefully accepted!!

VoG II 08:49 11 Oct 04

Try this click here

Octoz 11:49 11 Oct 04

VoG

Many thanks for this. I will try when I get home from work later and keep you posted.
I will also back the new system up to an image file so that I don't get caught out again!

Octoz 08:35 14 Oct 04

VoG
Came up trumps once again. Many thanks for your solution. Have now transferred all data and formatted old XP partition so hoping for trouble free computing for a day or so.............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…