accessing email though webmail

deedee1968 13:40 24 Oct 08

I have an Orangehome email address which I access through their website. My computer uses Internet Explorer and Windows XP. I cannot get into it. I have been advised to reset internet explorer and remove firewalls and try to log back in. I have tries most of this but don't know how to remove windows firewall. Also not very happy about removing firewalls (even temporarily)

Has anyone else had this problem and how was it resolved?

Thank you

Clapton is God 14:04 24 Oct 08

Why access through webmail?

What's wrong with using an e-mail client?

deedee1968 14:11 24 Oct 08

When we set up broadband this seemed the easiest way. Outlook ewxpress didn't seem to work.
I have quite a large contact list which was set up though Orange. Can get at emails using mail2web but can't access contact list.

Apologies not very technical.

Clapton is God 14:25 24 Oct 08

"Outlook ewxpress didn't seem to work"

Why?

If you set up your ISP's POP3 and SMTP settings correctly, Outlook Express is one of the easiest e-mail clients to use and you can hold your contact list within it

deedee1968 14:44 24 Oct 08

When my husband set up broadband this was the only way he could get it to work. Not had time to investigate and up to now Webmail worked fine and did all I needed it to.

All I want is to get into email. I know outlook express works well. We used it when we had dial up.

recap 14:55 24 Oct 08

click here it may be of help?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:27 24 Oct 08

If your old dialup email is still active in Outlook express then just change the connection to LAN from dialup.

Outlok express - tools -Accounts - mail -click on your account

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:30 24 Oct 08

oops

Outlook express - tools -Accounts - mail -click on your account - properties - connection tab - tick always connect... and in the drop down box select Local Area Network - apply -ok

you should now be able to access your emails using outlook express.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…