Accessing email and other log in's

EmaGirl1980 20:15 24 Jul 08

Hi,

I am looking for some advice. I only have basic pc know how and my lap top has screwed up big time. I can't access my email account. I go to hotmail, add my email address and password, press enter or click to submit and then I get the 'your not connected to the internet' blue and white screen? I can surf no sweat but I can't login to any websites. I tried my Facebook account to see whether the problem was hotmail specific but the same thing happened.
I had something important to send today so I tried to open a new account through Google mail but this was also denied.

It's not a basic typo or caps lock problem.

I would really welcome any advice/suggestions on what I should do before I take my machine to be looked at.

Many thanks,

Ema

MsTechie 20:27 24 Jul 08

In this case, first thing I would so was clear my internet files and cookies then boot into safe mode and run a full virus scan.

grey george 20:28 24 Jul 08

Are you sure you have internet access? It could be the pages you often visit are cached on your machine and when you try to go else wher you then get the not connected message. Can you visit the bbc homepage and then view a fresh new story?

bebbo 22:40 24 Jul 08

What is isp? wireless? wired? router make and model?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…