accessing email from another PC on my home network

Cal 22:16 15 Nov 04

win xp

I have successfully set up my wireless home network consisting of desktop and wirelessly connected notebook.

I have several email accounts on my desktop, a couple of which I would like to be able to access from my notebook wirelessly.

I have entered (duplicated) all the relevent account and connection configurations from my desktop to the corresponding accounts now set up in OE on my notebook but cannot receive any email, even though the desktop receives as normal.

No other problems regarding file and printer sharing etc

Do I need to specify somewhere the desire to share email accross the network?

What type of mail accounts are you using. If they are POP and you dont change the default settings then once your desktop PC as has collected the mail the account would be empty so your laptop will having nothing to receive.
Can you send an email from your laptop?
Can you access the internet from your laptop?

Cal 22:34 15 Nov 04

Yes the accounts are POP and I can connect to the internet.

However I just tried sending a test mail on my notebook from one of my accounts to another of my accounts on my NB and this was successfully received by the account on the NB but not the desktop.

Any advice appreciated thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…