accessing e-mail through MSN website

the old man 11:51 20 Apr 05

Here is my problem as described to Microsoft over the last four days. Can anyone come up with any help.

"I have been able to access my e-mail through the hotmail link you sent me but I still get the error message if I do the following.
login through MSN explorer on desktop.
press mail icon at top of page when I am notified that I have 8 e-mails in my inbox, thus proving that my login is correct as I am identified.
Then the login window opens for Passport net and I put in my correct hotmail name and the correct password. It is then that the MSN page I have already accessed from the desktop icon is described as not being a valid passport.net site.
Hence MSNpassport.net does not recognise the MSN homepage.
As pointed out earlier I run Firefox as my web browser and not IE6. All cache have been emptied and security setting are set at medium as always. Zonealarm has not been told to stop access."

Indigo 1 12:50 20 Apr 05

I recently had a similar problem with MSN, the way we solved it was to log in to our Hotmail account using a different PC and Internet Explorer (Didn't try it with Firefox). We also used IE6 on this PC and logged in again, once we had proved that we could gain access to it, it was then possible to log in using MSN. I am not sure which one fixed it or why it was necessary to do this but it worked, click here and try to log in with your account details.

the old man 13:00 20 Apr 05

Used your link and managed to access e-mail but above problem still exists and would prefer to get into my login through the usual channel i.e. desktop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…