Accessing D-Link G624T WiFi router configuration.

Daibus 10:38 25 Feb 07

I have recently installed broadband at a friends apartment using the WiFi router D-Link G624T.

Everything is now working fine after a few false starts but I want access the router (to change the name) using 192.168.1.1 from the browser, as instructed, but I am unable to do so. It just keeps on asking me to enter the access code and password that had previously been entered into the router instead of displaying the start of the configuration process.

Help appreciated.

Taff™ 10:41 25 Feb 07

If you`ve changed the user name and password enter those details. I think the default is admin and admin (It was for my G604T)

if you do not have the password then you can reset the router there should be a reset button on the back somewhere often you need to insert a pen or something pointed

crosstrainer 10:43 25 Feb 07

The password fields should both be "admin" without the quotes.. as Taff says, your only other option is to press the reset button on the back of the unit...if the unit is new admin is the default password

Daibus 10:52 25 Feb 07

Many thanks will give it a try when I go around there next time.

Just one point though - I tried resetting the router but seem to remember that I still could not gain access to the configuration. Could you just verify the process so far as rebooting and/or disconnecting the router goes after resetting.

Many thanks.

Taff™ 11:46 25 Feb 07

The D-Link manual is here click here One of the quirks of these routers is that to save the settings you need to go to the Tools Tab, select System Settings and click the "Save Settings & Reboot Option" If you don`t do that nothing will change.

Daibus 12:01 25 Feb 07

Cheers again for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced