access and VB6 and passwords.

DaEvil1 11:09 26 Sep 03

i ahve an access database that i have password protected for security, and i wish to access it from a visual basic application, however when i try to access the database, i get an error. there doesn't appear to be a command for entering a password in VB6, so does anyone know what i should do??
Coincidnetally, does anybody know if it is possible to use an Access 2000 database with VB6, because just got loads of errors until i 'downgraded' to Access 97.

Thanks...

Mysticnas 11:35 26 Sep 03

interesting....

Now if you wanted the user to access the database and put a password word in VB then i think thats do-able. But trying to access a secured file might be a little trickier as you've found. hmmm...

I'll have a dig around see what i can find. Hope someone else answers in the meantime..

however, try a boolean that checks to see if it's a protected file, if i yes then you'll have to bring up and edit text box. The user types the password and if it matches what you got then it should go through otherwise show an message box "wrong password!"

if gadfadfvargar.txt = efsdfgaregeg.txt
then....

you get the idea... lots of ifs, thens and elseifs...

man it's been aaages since i did VB....

AccessMoron 18:54 01 Oct 03

To open an access DB that you have put security on use ADO
Set the connection string property to

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=MyName;Data Source=PathToDB"

Then open the ADO connection

DaEvil1 09:56 02 Oct 03

cheers. i'll try this an i'll get back to u if it doesn't work.

DaEvil1 11:04 03 Oct 03

how do you use ADO? i have set a reference to it, but i don't know how to use it in the app. Please help...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…