Access training

Picklefactory 09:59 19 Apr 07

Hello folks, just wondering if anyone can recommend a particularly good Access training program. I'm at a beginner level now, can do simple dBases, but want to advance. Don't have opportunity for dedicated training through work, so looking for maybe video course or online thing maybe, doesn't need to be free, but that would obviously help. Problem is there are so many out there not sure what might be best to go for, don't want to waste my time. Anyone any experience of this with any recommendations?
Cheers

wee eddie 10:26 19 Apr 07

Sorry "University".

Although you may find that the Course moves at the speed of the slowest. It will allow you to buy Access at a good price and allow you to ask questions as you pursue your own interests along the way.

recap 14:44 19 Apr 07

Learndirect may be what you want click here To find your nearest centre use the "Help me Find" box at the top of the page.

Border View 16:06 19 Apr 07

Why not have a look on Ebay for training software. I've just done a search over there for Office Access and quite a few items came up. Always worth a look.

There is some training software on the market by a company "Teaching You". I used it for Microsfot Office 97 and found it useful.

Good luck.

Border View 17:13 19 Apr 07

Teaching You MS Access XP/2000 Amazon £6.99

Diemmess 18:01 19 Apr 07

Access and I became locked swords about 9 years ago, i.e. spent about 3 months of my retirement life making some sense of it.

Became a mite disillusioned when some very natty macros were outlawed when updated to Access 2000 and I didn't want to bother with Visual Basic!

Tried LearnDirect by Internet using dialup... and have an 'Expert' Certificate to prove it. What a waste of time.
That way of doing things was very frustrating, because where there are several ways, only LearnDirect's way was allowed, others ways were stopped and penalised.

From books may well be a route for you though not for me. I get lost in the huge Access Help files "WILF" What-was-I-Looking-For!

Picklefactory 18:20 19 Apr 07

Thanks again folks, I wasn't impressed with a Word course I started with Learn Direct a few years ago, sugestion is appreciated, but I'll give that a miss. Never thought of Ebay, Doh, I'll have a look when I get time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…