//some 3rd party need geo

Access Tables inserting Headers

Durko 11:51 30 Aug 05

Is it possible to insert headers and footers into an Access Table instead of having the table's file name showing in the header area when you go to print preview?

Running Access XP.

Simple instructions/advice would be appreciated.

Durko.

lotvic 10:52 31 Aug 05

I have Access 2000 and you can't have Headers and Footers in a Table but is this any use to you...

the only way to individualise each printout with students name is to rename the table by adding their name after you/they have copied the Master Table to their pc

1. Open Access

2. Open an existing file and select the Table to Open then click on OK

3. Make sure that 'Tables' is selected in the Objects pane

4. Right click on the table name (ie: Test Table) and click on 'rename' then add the students name (ie: Fred Bloggs Test Table) and press Enter on keyboard

If you/they create a Form to display the contents of the Table then it is a good idea to include the Object in the name (ie: when you save the Form call it Fred Bloggs Test Form)

This is how I was taught to do it at evening class at college

Durko 12:49 31 Aug 05

Lotvic

Thanks for the advice,I'll do a test...

Durko

Diemmess 15:20 31 Aug 05

I am way behind with Access 97, but I suspect the principle is the same.

If you are new to Access it is a long and steep learning curve, but worth the effort to persist.

The advantage is that you can take info from several different tables to make one Report.

I cannot insert a header into a table, only name the table as I wish.

The same applies with Queries, which are used to select data to rules you impose, from one or more Tables according to what you want to show in a Report.

It is the Report which can have headers and footers galore and labelled fields just as you wish, while unseen these fields retain their original table names.

Northwind Traders and other sample databases can be vital if you wish to see how it's done, but it is so easy to be side tracked in the huge help files on the way!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…