access and sending of emails

Bribabby 17:48 10 Jul 07

Can anyone help with the following problem??
I have an old laptop with Windows 98me installed. This runs very well, including accessing the internet and sending and receiving emails.
My problem is this, I have recently bought an up to date desktop and installed Windows X P.
Everything went smoothly with the installation and I used the information to install the same ISP as the laptop. I am able to access the internet on the new computer, however when I use the same password as the laptop it tells me "incorrect password."
I have been into Tools and checked that "pop up" blocker is unticked. Is it possible to use the same ISP and password on 2 computers?? If not any solutions??

Graham. 18:02 10 Jul 07

Not at the same time. Is this dial-up or broadband? Either way, you will have to set up a network to use them at the same time.

Graham. 18:05 10 Jul 07

Please clarify, is it only emails you have a problem with?

Bribabby 23:28 10 Jul 07

I don't want to use them at the same time.I just want to use either one on their own.
My system is dial up and it is only emails I have a problem with, and then only on the new computer (ie Desktop with XP)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…