Access Problems

solano 17:31 28 Jan 04

Objective:

Have multiple csv files posted to a remote server and made available for download (on a password protected web page). Need to import these csv files into an existing dbase. The dbase is set up on local machine and works perfectly importing the files from a local directory. Now need to replicate this via FTP (or some other method) to import the remote csv files in to the local dbase.

Problem is:

FTP not working with Access 2002 - cannot access csv file on remote server despite correct ftp settings and correct permissions on server itself. Is there VB code available that can automatically log on to an FTP site and retrieve the required csv file(s)? Using the import facility, Access 2002 gives and error of "Internet Login Failure" - this is despite already allowing the user to explore the relevant directories on the web server (i.e. Access has already been viewing remote server files so how can it then say internet login failure!?).

Maybe there is a problem with the local set up of MS office but I have followed the MS instructions for setting up the ftp facility for the proxy server (this help was from the MS knowledge base).

Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers

Big Elf 18:35 28 Jan 04

I don't know much about this aspect of Access (well to be honest not many others either).

Is it anything to do with the Security User/Group permissions?

Chris the Ancient 18:43 28 Jan 04

Toddle off to...

click here

Use the search facility and type in ftp. It'll give you loads of hits to look at.

Normally it's easier if you have the Developer Pro kit (very expensive) and use an available ActiveX control. But...

Anyway, have a look at mvps - it has a wealth of information

HTH

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…