ACCESS POINT or ROUTER?

Marios 09:17 07 Dec 03

Hello there, I am thinking of setting up a wireless network at home. I looked for help and advice in this forum but could not find information on the DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WIRELESS ROUTER AND WIRELSS ACCESS POINT. Which one should I go for?
Please someone tell me, I am getting a bit frustrated now.
Thanks for your time and effort, Marios

LeadingMNMs 16:25 08 Dec 03

I don't know what an Access Point is or does, but to the top of the forum you will go.

spikeychris 16:34 08 Dec 03

All depends on what you want to do. Do you want to share the net? A router will link networks as well as users.

click here for a guide.

spikeychris 16:46 08 Dec 03

Addon >>

A wireless router is a wireless access point with routing functions i.e: a wireless access point does layer 2 bridging only

A wireless router is a wireless access point, but a wireless access point is not necessarily a router. For instance you can buy a WAP (wireless access point) that plugs right into your existing router/hub/switch like this: click here Or you can buy a WAP that is also a router like this: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…