access point OK but internet can't be found

lpg 14:21 08 Jul 04

This is the message we get after installing a linksys WAN ADSL Gateway on the main PC and network adapters on a second PC and a Laptop :

"You are connected to the access point but the internet cannot be found."

We had a similar problem with the main PC and this was because the firewall was enabled, whici solved the problem when we disabled it, but similar attempts elsewhere don't work, nor does all the usual configuring and network connection changing. So, we're stuck - the network seems sound but we can't get on the net from the other machines.

Any hints?

AndySD 14:38 08 Jul 04

Can you give us the model number of the router and just as a thought are you using the latest version of the firmware for it?

lpg 14:55 08 Jul 04

It's a Linksys WAG54G and I assume it's the latest firmware, being brand new : is there a way to tell if this is so?

AndySD 15:24 08 Jul 04

click here although I am not sure on the Annex A or b at the moment. The latest firmware is 1.02.1 it should tell you in the router control panel.

Although you may want to contact support first click here as I suspect it may just be a configuration problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…