Access point at caravan site

Field Division 16:00 17 Feb 14

Hi all, Not sure if this is possible or not, but here goes I would like to connect to my caravan site broadband which has a user fee applied i.e pay per hr/day/week/month. now it is easy enough to connect wireless from laptop but I want to bring my skybox with me and receive catch-up & on demand. Am I right in saying that I could configure a spare router I have and setup as an access point so for example coming in it would be: Caravan site broadband>access point(router)>skybox maybe I am thinking to much into this but trying an alternative as there is no 3g coverage in this area and only option is to pay the broadband fess which I am happy to do, I have also just bought a smart tv but this wouldn't help my skybox connection.

Thanks for your time

Bris 16:36 17 Feb 14

This is possible but you will need access to the sites router which I would think is unlikely.

Probably best to discuss your requirements with the owner.

To give you a flavour of whats required click here

alanrwood 21:36 17 Feb 14

I guess it would depend on the caravan site BB connection bandwidth. It may not be fair to others to tie up the whole bandwidth by yourself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…