Access Point advice

RealDopey 22:27 09 Jun 05

I have a small peer to peer w/less network of 5 pc's. Most of the time three of the pc's are all connected fine. But I do have problem with a couple, the signal can drop away very badly to the point that there is no connection. One of these two is on the floor below (concrete office floor) and the other is on the same floor but masked by two solid comcrete walls and a 6' wide concrete staircase! My question is would an access repeater/point be of any help and could anybody suggest a model? At present we have a Netgear DG834G MK II modem router with PCI w/less cards from the same supplier.

Gratful for any suggestions.

Gaz 25 00:39 10 Jun 05

You need this:
click here

Ensure you get the V.2 OR V.3 because they have the reapeter mode you need. Many routers dont have this, so be careful selecting.

This is the reason I suggest the Netgear, it's the same brand and has the repeating feature.

Try click here

UK site, and use QuickFind code 46057 in the search box.

It's £49.73 inc VAT here, and used from £30.04

I think thats the V.3, or should be anyway. Update firmware before use though.

Gaz 25 00:39 10 Jun 05

Also, check the drivers on those computers is up-to-date. :-D

RealDopey 19:12 10 Jun 05

thanks, that sounds just what I need!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…