access to the net

scratch1011 20:59 05 Feb 05

Hello all should be an easy one this.
If I have myself as system administrator and several other users with limited accounts. How do I give access to the net for some but not for others ?

goonerbill © ® 01:58 06 Feb 05

^bump^

end 04:23 06 Feb 05

it will b a matter of giving each of them individual profiles, sign-in rights and telling each what they are and are not permitted to do, and building this into the profiles ; we have this at work, and certain areas are "forbidden" by the computer ; how you program it I have no idea; at work we have Win 2000Prof

??what is your OS?

they will need to be given a username and password to log in to their individual account,and I suspect that their password will need t be changed at regular intervals

hope this helps:)

end 11:56 06 Feb 05

you have ticked this as resolved, but give no method of resolution; can you please include in your thread how you sorted it, if indeed it is sorted,so that others can glean from it when searching the archives .

it is also not "good forum practice" to just tick a thread without stating how the problem was solved, out of courtesy to the helpers, if nowt else::(((

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…