Access to Lotus Suite files

Taupe 20:38 31 Jan 08

Have used Lotus Suite for some 20 years but moving to Vista Premium on a new laptop has left me unable to access my accumulated records.

It seems that IBM has opted out of this part of the market and is providing no fixes or new versions.

Microsoft Office does not recognize Lotus formats.

Does anyone know of an alternative office suite that is able to read Lotus documents, spreadsheets, etc?

Or perhaps a program that will convert from Lotus?

Advice would be appreciated

brundle 20:47 31 Jan 08

OpenOffice for Lotus1-2-3; click here
click here

Perhaps an online conversion service like Zamzar will tackle any others? click here

VoG II 20:52 31 Jan 08

I wonder if this might work click here

Taupe 20:57 01 Feb 08

I have tried out both suggestions and of the two Symphony seems the best answer for me. I had completely forgotten about Symphony, though I did meet up with it at inception, late 1980's as I remember, but at the time considered it no improvement on the then Lotus 123. But in present difficulty it is a good answer.

Very many thanks to you both for your quick helpfulness, I do much appreciate being able again to open my files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…