Access to the internet denied

sibo 19:56 20 Mar 04

I am currently running an home network on a laptop & a desktop running XP HOME. I can access files on each computer but when try to access the internet through the browser it just comes up with the message access denied by access control list does anyone no whats wrong?

LastChip 21:02 20 Mar 04

How is the network setup?

sibo 21:25 20 Mar 04

using the network wizard. The desktop that is directly connected to the net is configured to share it's connection as the pc that has the connection. And the laptop is configured to connect through another router.

sibo 21:30 20 Mar 04

I have found a solution on the microsoft knowledge base article (316699) which tells me to re setup my connection to my ISP which I have done but it still does not work.

sibo 21:31 20 Mar 04

sorry when i said router i meant pc.

LastChip 21:57 20 Mar 04

click here and take a look at the tutorial for Internet Connection Sharing for XP. It should answer and solve most of your questions.

malch 22:26 20 Mar 04

I have had this problem recently, it had me stuck for days. Go to internet options then connections then lan settings, make sure that the proxy server box is not checked (apparently it is by default)and automatically detect settings is then ok etc and finally click on refresh. I hope this helps

sibo 15:42 23 Mar 04

i finally solved the problem. What i done was when the internet connetion box came up i clicked the settings button and then clicked the network settings box and unchecked connect by proxy box and this allowed me to connect to the internet. This box should be unchecked if you are connecting to the internet using a dialup or vpn connection.
Thanks for everybodys help with this matter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…