access to forum pages by non-forum member

end 00:50 30 Jul 04

if I want someone to be able to read a forum page who is not a forum member, and therefore unable to log in, if I send them the page "link", should it be possible for them to be able to open that page and read the thread??

BeForU 00:54 30 Jul 04

I think the simple answer to this is no.

Strawballs 00:55 30 Jul 04

as it is free to register why not just tell them to join then they can benifit in the future on thier own

Djohn 01:00 30 Jul 04

No they will click on the link which will first take them to the log in page, if they are a member and not logged in, clicking on the log in button will then take them through to the thread.

But if not a member they will not get past the log in page.

end 01:04 30 Jul 04

to clarify a little; I have some friends who might be able to offer some practical input on a thread I am following ; they might not wish to be a part of the forum itself, but might be able to give input to help solve the puzzle on the thread.therefore, how can I get the thread detail to them bar e mailing the whole page...

Forum Editor 01:07 30 Jul 04

the answer's 'no'.

Why not just get the person involved to register with us?

Forum Editor 01:10 30 Jul 04

our pages to people. For one thing they're copyright-protected, and for another it's not necessary. To be honest, if these people don't want to register then we'll have to do without their input.

end 01:25 30 Jul 04

so much for that idea....

I have asked both of them to get in touch with me to see what resourses thy can come up with as both of them work in computing

and
FE ...points taken...!

will close this as the question seems to have been answered !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…