Access denied to networked computers

Nicholas 12:02 02 May 08

I have 3 computers networked through a Linksys router. Two are wired and 1 is wireless. I used to be able to view files on the other computers by going to the shared files folders. I now can only access the computer that's connected wirelessy. I can still connect to the Internet with all computers but when I try to access the two that I'm having problems with I get the message:
\\xxx-xxx\shareddocs is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

Ditch999 12:33 02 May 08

Made any changes to User accounts lately? How did you get on with the memory?

Nicholas 12:46 02 May 08

Problem with the memory was that I ran out of time. I work freelance and had to get on with some work. It's a pity that these problems take so long resolving. I can't recall having made any user account setting adjustments.

Ditch999 12:49 04 May 08

Did you by any chance install one of the new SPs? They contain networking alterations.

Nicholas 15:20 04 May 08

Possibly, As it downloads and installa automatically I wouldn't know for sure. How would I determine the networking settings?

Ditch999 18:50 04 May 08

What OSs are on the 3 PCs? You might have to run the Network Setup Wizard again. RE the SPs it will say under System Properties what you have. I also have this problem and its intermittent (linksys as well!). Bugs the hell out of me. A router reboot, with the 3 PCs on, usually cures it for me.

Nicholas 20:00 04 May 08

All running XP home

Nicholas 11:46 06 May 08

I have SP2 installed.

brundle 11:51 06 May 08

`Adjust IRP stack-size` seems to be a common answer; click here and/or click here for example

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…