Access denied to drives

Mike Mills 18:28 22 Jun 03

We are running Windows XP Home edition and recently have had "Access Denied" to various drives, under different accounts. I can't get to the CD drive, my wife cannot get to the Floppy Disk drive. Has antbody got any ideas why this might be, and more importantly how I might be able resolve this issue? Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions/resolutions.

Mike Mills 19:36 22 Jun 03

nobody????

BBez 19:45 22 Jun 03

logon with Administrator rights, goto the file that is giving you errors, right click the file, select "properties" tab then the "security" tab and check who has "rights" to access the file. If the box is blank, you may been hit with a trojan etc, like i've been (see earlier post on take ownership). Click on the "advanced" tab while in the "security menu" and select the "owner" tab. Up'll come a box with the "Administrator" and "aAdministrators" groups. Seklect the Admin group then click "apply", then close all windows. Try to access the file while still logged on as Administrator and see if you can get access to the file. If you can, go back into the "propertioes", "security" tabs and click on the "add" box, browse to the "everyone" group and give them "full control" which will let everybody's account access the folders...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…