Access denied control panel

kjm1 22:36 21 Mar 04

When I try to open any of the programs in the control panel I get a message that says 'access denied'. I run windows 98. help please as I want to uninstall some progams .

Diodorus Siculus 23:02 21 Mar 04

click here

click here

for some suggestions;

You most likely have A variant of the CoolWebSearch on your system. Download and run from your desktop CW-Shredder , hit the scan button then the fix button, let it run and fix what it finds. Next you have to replace your version of control.exe, that files is located in your Windows folder (C:\Windows). The file that is there now is a bogus file - delete it if the Shredder hasn't already done it for you. You can get a fresh copy from your Windows CD , restore disk, or cab files. It's in a folder called Win98 for Windows98 or Win9X for Windows ME. For Windows 98 - look for Windows ME, look for You can also download it here: Control.exe for Windows ME Control.exe for Windows 98. If after doing that you still can't get into the control panel, download HiJackThis and run a scan of your system. Check entries 05, 06, and 07, if they exist, have HJT fix them, reboot, see if the system is OK now. HiJackThis-Explained You should also download and run SpyBot to get rid of the rest of the junk on your system, just make sure you update it first. Install SpywareBlaster to prevent problems like this<---this is important! MrC

Diodorus Siculus 23:03 21 Mar 04

click here
for CWshredder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…