access denied

howard63 15:27 31 Jan 06

I have just connected an adsl/router both connected pcs can see and use the net. Pc no. 1 can see pc2 and collect/deposit files on the drive. Pc No. 2 can see pc1 in network places but when any file is accessed the dreaded access denied see your administrator etc. Does anyone know how to overcome this. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

ade.h 18:35 31 Jan 06

Apologies if this sounds obvious, but make certain that the folders that you are trying to access have been made "shared" and have been added to My Network Places on the PC from which you are trying to access them. Also make certain that if these folders reside in a User Account, the account does not have Privacy enabled. If a User Account has Privacy switched on, none of its contents will be accesible from anywhere else on that PC or on the network.

I can't think of much else.

howard63 16:40 01 Feb 06

a fellow on another forum came up with the solution. I had to add guest to the advanced properties of the folder I wanted to access.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…