Access database to send emails on chosen dates

peter99 20:20 12 Mar 05

Is it possible to send an automatic email as a reminder on chosen dates from a field of a table with a message from another field from the table? If so how?
Example: automatically email birthday dates as a reminder from an access database to outlook.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 22:33 12 Mar 05

You can ..

You will need to write a select query to extract the fields you want in the reminder from a table where the date (e.g. birthday) is today: Datefield =Now()

Then use a macro to do a send object command a send the output of the select query via e-mail.

Hope this helps.

AccessMoron 00:18 13 Mar 05

Access can be used to drive any microsoft office application, including outlook, failing that you can use mappi.

The question is why?

Cant you just put an event into outlook that will display a reminder for you?

peter99 20:11 16 Mar 05

Thankyou for your responses. The reason I need to do this is to automatically send reminders to other family members and collegues about birthdays, dates et. if I am away and my computer not swithed on.

AccessMoron 16:13 17 Mar 05

for access to work in this way your computer and the access program must be switched on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…