Access C:\System Volume Information

Anti_Virus 17:52 09 May 05

Hi, My Norton Anti Virus is detecting an adware threat witch it can't automatically delete, repair, quarantine or give me the option to manually delete. It does give me a target though. it's in a folder called System Volume Information. I can't find it even when I search. Anyone know how to access it?

mattyc_92 18:01 09 May 05

You can't... That is the folder that System Restore uses....

Try disabling System Restore, restarting the systema and then re-enable System Restore and this should delete ALL files in that folder...

joseph K 18:36 09 May 05

Go into control panel > click on the Folder Options icon > Click the view tab > click 'Show hidden files and folders'.

You will then find System Volume information in the folder C:/System Volume Information (refer next paragraph). This contains all your System restore points. You will find the offending file in one of the folders called RP (Followed by a number).

After You go into System Volume Information please note that there is a single folder named restore (this has a lengthy code following it containing both letters and numerals) click on this to enter the RP (Followed by a number files).

These folders are turned off by XP as default, so that kids and the totally inexperienced can not mess with them. If I were you I would leave them on from now on. You may be surprised by how many there are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…