Access and ASP

Mr A! 07:46 08 Apr 05

I have an access 2000 database and i want to be able to use it over the web (display record, edit, add and delete). Can anybody help me with this as the websites i have come across have not been much help to me!
Thanks

Aspman 13:45 08 Apr 05

For asp this site is very good but very extensive so you'll need to search to sort out the ASP from the (dot).Net articles

Four guys from Rolla
click here

You may also want to consider php rather than ASP.
I've not used it myself but I have heard it is easy to pick up and all of the software should be available free through open source licencing.

If you've never used either I would start to learn php. ASP is old tech now. .Net replaced it some time ago.

MikeyMooMoo 15:17 08 Apr 05

If you wanna get into ASP id start by getting a copy of dreamweaver, for basic tasks it'll code most stuff for ya, you'll only need to learn vb script if u wanna do sommat more complex.

ADH 15:36 08 Apr 05

try click here for ASP tutorials.

Nothing too involved, but they start from first principles of connecting to a database, adding, viewing and deleting records, etc.

The ASP support forum is full of helpful people too, and the applications available for free download are commented so you can go through the code and work out what does what - obviously the forum is a lot of code to start with, so pick a smaller application first!

Don't worry about ASP being "old"; fact is, it does the job and is (IMHO) logical to follow and learn. PHP is also relatively easy to learn (I found ASP easier, but then I'd been doing ASP for a while before I learnt PHP). Ultimately your choice may be dictated by what your host / server supports.

Finally, read up on security and SQL injection attacks (do a Google search) before putting anything in public!

ADH 15:39 08 Apr 05

Sorry, a bit vague - I meant the ASP support forum at webwizguide - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…