Access Always On Top

dalek111 16:24 12 Oct 09

Hi,

I know about setting forms to 'modal' to keep them in front of other forms, however I am looking for a way, such as a VBA script, to keep the main MS Access application window always on top. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking,

Chris the Ancient 17:11 12 Oct 09

I'm not sure quite which window you're striving to keep on top. (or why)

Can you give me little more detail, please?

dalek111 17:17 12 Oct 09

Sorry, I am trying to keep the whole Access application on top of everything else so that it can float on top of a web browser and be dragged around by the user, but always visible. Thanks for replying!

woodchip 17:26 12 Oct 09

have you looked in the program settings. or try right clicking the program page when you have other programs under it to see if it gives a option. You do have to dig for things like this

dalek111 17:34 12 Oct 09

Yeah, I know there is nothing in the program options or anything like that. I am looking for some code to build into the Database ideally, then it would work on other computers too.

Chris the Ancient 17:45 12 Oct 09

Aah... I'm with you now.

I can't think of any way that Access could cope with this because it is one of many programs that can be open at one time.

S-o-o-o... I envisage that this may be more of a Windows function than an Access one. And I've never tried to do that sort of thing - except by Alt-Tab sequencing or clicking on the icon in the task bar.

I know that referring to other forums can be 'bad form' but... a site I use quite a bit is at click here

The site is free - just register. And accept that a lot of the gurus in it are on the other side of 'the pond' and have different hours to us. Having said that, I have had loads of help and quite quick responses in there.

dalek111 17:56 12 Oct 09

Thanks, I have posted a similar thread click here=

woodchip 17:59 12 Oct 09

Have a read click here

dalek111 18:01 12 Oct 09

Thanks woodchip but I need this to work on all the computers in the office, and I don't want to install stuff and set it up every time I get a new computer. I know there must be a way of doing it programmatically from within Access itself because it can maximise other windows, set their sizes etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…