Access 97 query

FRED2420 19:58 14 May 03

I have 2 access tables, one with a list of houses built and a completion date and another with a single line for each entry to give a summary of each site. What I need to do is link the 2 tables so that when I add another entry to my 2nd database, it adds up all the entries relating to that subject and in the first database gives a total , e.g, there have been 10 houses built on the specified site because there are 10 entries on the second table (linked by a common field)

I hope this makes sense - can anybody help

wee eddie 22:50 14 May 03

I have bumped you as I know that someone out there will help.

One of the guys at Strathclyde Univ linked two of my databases, but how the hell he did it I have no idea.

jh2003 23:01 14 May 03
  AccessMoron 20:36 16 May 03

You are looking at it the wrong way round.
What you need is a table holding all the information about the site, this should have a primary key.

You then need a table holding specific information about the property. this table will have a one to many link back to the site.

If you want an example, email me and tell me what format you want it in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…