Access 2000 - Sorting subforms

Paroxetine 11:53 19 Oct 03

Hi room,

Can anyone point me in the direction of the following?

I have a Access 200 database with a form, which in turn has a sub form in datasheet format. The main form opens and the data is displayed but I want it to be sorted. The subform is using data from a table as it needs to be able to be edited.

Any ideas how this can be done? I have tred the sorting and grouping button, which works for the subform itself, just wont work when the main form opens the subfrom within itself... (if that makes sense )

Many thanks

P

recap 14:11 19 Oct 03

refresh

AccessMoron 17:25 19 Oct 03

base the subform on a query, then order the query.
do the same for the main form.

the lone cloner 22:01 19 Oct 03

a good site for you would be click here

Paroxetine 17:36 20 Oct 03

Thanks for the tips..

If i was to create a query and run the subform and main from from that, how do I make sure I can input data input the query and avoid it being locked?

Lone cloner... its a great site for Excel, though for access its a little bit limited... :)

Epoc 18:25 20 Oct 03

Bit rusty on Access, but if you input the data into the table the query is running from when you open the form it should show the new data sorted along with the old data.

Epoc 18:27 20 Oct 03

Just tried it on a simple table and query and new data is shown on the query sub-form on the main form.

Paroxetine 21:16 22 Oct 03

Thanks for that epoc, you are right, i based the form on the table and created a query for the subform to be based on. Made a new form, with a subform within and hey presto. Works a a treat.

And I can now sort it and play around with layout to... forgotten just how much fun the Access DB program can be!

Thanks all, resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…